The BID Steering Group identified the key areas where businesses would like to see investment made. The following areas are the ones which businesses in Worcester wanted the BID to concentrate on:
- Spreading the Word – marketing, PR, more events and better promotion of Worcester on a regional basis as well as promoting the businesses within the BID area through a variety of means.
- Attractive City – making Worcester more visually appealing to all with new and better Christmas Lights, an improved Angel Place and planters for premises.
- Getting Out and About – better pedestrian signage, pay for parking by phone to extend the stay of a customer or employee, car parking initiatives, and trails
- Safer City – Street Rangers, Taxi Marshals and free membership of NightSafe and CityNet Retail Radio schemes.
- United Voice – projects which will save businesses money through the increased purchasing power of the BID such as insurance, utilities, legal advice, networking, events and lobbying.
The consultation undertaken resulted in 87 project suggestions from the business community of Worcester. The BID Steering Group have worked hard to ensure that the final projects are achievable, manageable, affordable, will make a positive difference to your business and are either new or over and above the service levels provided by the Police, City and County Councils.