shop eat play | live
Worcester BID levy paying businesses can once again sign up for the free promotion of their Student Offers for the 2017/18 academic year. To submit your offer *, please click here to download the sign up form.
* Please note that we cannot include alcoholic drinks promotions as part of the student offers on our website. However, promotions of special student club nights or food and non-alcoholic drink related promotions are acceptable. Please state if any age restrictions apply.
Students – Offers are listed on www.worcesterbid.com/students. Please follow @VistWorcester on Social Media for further updates and promotions for students.
The 2017/18 Student Campaign saw a great array of offers by local businesses, attendance of Freshers Fairs, social media activity and the Big Shop In in cooperation with Crowngate. Click here to view the 2017/18 Student Offers.
The 2016/17 Student Campaign and offers can be viewed here. Promotional postcards to drive students to our website and social media channels were distributed at the University of Worcester’s Freshers’ Fair , local colleges and BID businesses. Hashtags #StudentsWorc and #offersworc werew sued to retweet/share messages. Please follow @StudentsWorc / www.twitter.com/StudentsWorc on Twitter or like www.facebook.com/StudentsWorc.
The 2015/16 Student Campaign and offers can be viewed here.
The 2014/15 student campaign was coordinated in partnership with CrownGate Shopping Centre. This collaboration helped us to reach even further by promoting student offers available at local businesses and the CrownGate Student Takeover at the same time to this shared market. Freshers Fairs at the University of Worcester and Heart of Worcestershire College, as well as the Student Takeover were used to distribute leaflets and promotional giveaways. Campaign elements included:
– Student offer/Takeover postcards
– Giveaways (toilet roll) branded with promotional messages on the sleeve
– Google display network advertising campaign
– Facebook advertising campaign
– Twitter & Facebook features of offers
– Online offer listings on www.worcesterbid.com/students
– Berrows Worcester Journal adverts in a dedicated students supplement
To view 2014/15 student offers click here.
The 2013/14 student campaign was similar to the 2012/13 campaign with leaflets having been distributed at the University and Worcester College of Technology Freshers’ Fairs, as well as local businesses. Marketing materials included
– Student offers leaflets (2 print runs)
– Window stickers for participating businesses
September 2012 saw our first campaign to promote Worcester’s businesses to new (and existing) students who are studying in the city. We co-ordinated a leaflet to give out in shops and at the Fresher’s Fair at the University which had offers and discounts from 68 BID businesses. We also managed to capture hundreds of email addresses and mobile numbers of the students to inform them of future activities in the city centre.
Below is a link to the leaflet itself as well as a poster depicting the prizes on offer and the businesses who kindly donated them:
Click here to download Revised Student Offers Leaflet 2012.pdf
Click here to download Student Competition Poster.pdf
Click here to download Student Offers Leaflet 2013.pdf
Click here to download Student Offers Window Sticker 2013.pdf