shop eat play | live
How to protect your bottom line. Advice compiled by Jack Hince January 2017 Click Here to Download
Up-date for Business and Staff Click Here to Download
Click Here to Download the 2016 Worcester CityNet Annual Report.
The Worcester CityNet Business Crime Partnership (WCN) is a not for profit organisation, who adopt a professional approach to combating Retail, Business and city centre crime within Worcester. WCN has been in operation for over 20 years and is legally bound by a Constitution, Codes of Practice and Operating Guidelines. The group has its own Professional Indemnity Insurance, which covers all members and is registered with the Data Commissioners to share information with all agencies involved in the prevention and detection of crime.
Membership of WCN is funded by WORCESTER BID and is a member of the local CRIME & DISORDER REDUCTION PARTNERSHIP (CDRP) involving over 100 retailers, city centre CCTV, the police, local authority and other interested agencies. All parties are committed to sharing good practice, information and promoting partnership working.
• To support The Community Safety Strategy.
• To deliver a local strategy to reduce city centre crime and the fear of crime.
• To help businesses to trade successfully in a safe and secure environment
• To improve information sharing between the partnership and other crime reduction agencies
• To establish good practice for the collation, evaluation, analysis and dissemination of crime data locally, regionally and nationally.
• To establish a strategy for identifying and sharing key performance indicators and management information.
• To examine opportunities to link the group to edge of town secondary shopping areas.
• To establish a local funding strategy to ensure long-term sustainability.
• To increase the current membership.
• Increased profits by reducing the opportunity for crime.
• Increased staff confidence.
• Ending business isolation.
• Reducing crime and the fear of crime.
• Staff training.
• Data collection.
• Information sharing.
• Photograph sharing of known offenders.
• Exclusion Order Scheme – banning persistent offenders from member stores.
• CCTV coverage.
• Radio links with Police, CCTV and other members.
• Dedicated Store Detective
• The management of “Real Time” crime.
WCN is an intelligence led approach to managing city centre crime issues, by targeting and focussing our efforts on the most persistent offenders. Increasingly, retail, business and city centre crime cannot be taken in isolation. Currently we are experiencing an increase in reported thefts from store and there is no sign of this altering in the near future. Establishing long-term sustainable strategies to manage city centre crime and community safety will impact on the SAFE and SECURE concept which must be at the heart of any local community safety programme. The membership of our group proves this point; we are recognised as one of the most successful schemes in the Midlands region and currently experience a 90%+ clear-up rate. Membership for BID levy payees is FREE. The only cost incurred is a monthly payment of £12 + VAT, collected quarterly, for rental of our new digital radio equipment.
If your require further information please contact:
Jack Hince, Crime Reduction Manager or Sammy Davies, Crime Reduction Administrator
Tel. No. 01905 731612
For further information on joining CityNet please click here for the Invitation to Join