shop eat play | live
The Worcester CityNet Business Crime Partnership is part of Worcester BID.
The CityNet scheme is an intelligence led approach to managing city centre crime issues, by targeting and focusing our efforts on the most persistent offenders. The team adopt a professional approach to combating retail, business and city centre crime within Worcester.
Members of CityNet include over 100 retailers, city centre CCTV, the police, local authority and other interested agencies. All parties are committed to sharing good practice, information and promoting partnership working.
• To support The Community Safety Strategy
• To deliver a local strategy to reduce city centre crime and the fear of crime
• To help businesses to trade successfully in a safe and secure environment
• To improve information sharing between the partnership and other crime reduction agencies
• To establish good practice for the collation, evaluation, analysis and dissemination of crime data locally, regionally and nationally
• To establish a strategy for identifying and sharing key performance indicators and management information
• To examine opportunities to link the group to edge of town secondary shopping areas
• To establish a local funding strategy to ensure long-term sustainability
• To increase the current membership
In partnership with CityNet, your business joins a wide network of other businesses working together to provide a safer shopping, living and working environment.
Joining a shared radio scheme will give you direct access to a radio network, which is monitored by local police officers, CCTV suites and other businesses, meaning that warnings of criminal activity can be efficiently communicated between members.
You and your business will benefit in the following ways:
We’re delighted to be piloting the Active Crime Intelligence System 2 (ACIS2) for our CityNet radio scheme members and aim to be rolling this out to current and new scheme members shortly.
ACIS2 will give our scheme members access to a convenient mobile App which will be accessible from any web browser as well as on mobile devices, enabling communication and information sharing to take place in a secure environment.
Therefore ensuring that all communication and information sharing maximises convenience and accessibility whilst minimising the risks inherent with such processes.
Click here for more information about ACIS2 and the ACIS2 App: ACIS 2 Information
CityNet Membership for BID businesses is FREE with the only cost incurred being for the rental of our digital radio equipment, which currently works out less than 50p per day!
For Non BID businesses, we are happy to offer membership to the CityNet scheme. Please call Shelly Simpson on 01905 731612 to find out more!
If you require further information on joining CityNet, please contact:
Safer City and Getting Out & About
Tel: 01905 731612
Click Here to Download the 2016 Worcester CityNet Annual Report.
Foodies, real ale aficionados and fine wine enthusiasts alike will find something to their whet...read more
The Next Worcester BID Traders meeting is taking place on Friday 3rd November at Pret A...read more